Wednesday, June 22, 2016

5 Top Reasons You May Want To Reconsider Selling Your Own Home


Have you been think about selling your own home, without a professional? Home prices are rising due to a lack of inventory, so some home owners are thinking about selling their home as a For Sale By Owner (FSBO).  But wait!!!  Before you take on the challenge of selling your own home, on your own, consider the following five reasons why you shouldn't.


Top 5 Reasons you may want to reconsider:

1)  There are too many people to negotiate with.....read more!
2)  Exposure to perspective buyer.....read more!
3)  Results come from the internet.....read more!
4)  FSBOing has become more and more difficult.....read more!
5)  You net more money when using a Broker.....read more!

If you or someone you know is looking to purchase or sell a home, please let me know.  Whether they are in my area, in another part of the country, OR in another part of the world, I CAN help!


I would love the opportunity to be your Realtor®.  As part of the Leading Real Estate Companies of the World®, I can also help connect you with a qualified Professional in your area.




Angelina M. Romero

Associate Broker
High Country Real Estate Services
Cell:  575.779.5526
Direct:  575.224.2644
Office:  575.758.2723
Angelina@NMRealEstateToday.com

11 comments:

  1. How does #5 work? I would think you would net more selling yourself because you don't have to pay someone to sell it for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is easy, statistics show that most FSBOs end up selling for less then if there had been a real estate agent involved to guide them properly.
      Many homeowners believe that they will save the real estate commission by selling on their own. Realize that the main reason buyers look at FSBOs is because they also believe they can save the real estate agent’s commission. The seller and buyer can’t both save the commission.

      Studies have shown that the typical house sold by the homeowner sells for $210,000, while the typical house sold by an agent sells for $249,000. This doesn’t mean that an agent can get $39,000 more for your home as studies have shown that people are more likely to FSBO in markets with lower price points. However, it does show that selling on your own might not make sense.

      Thanks for your question.

      Delete
  2. I do not think I would ever attempt selling on my own. I would definitely work with a professional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My aunt is a real estate agent so I definitely understand the reasons not to sell your own home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great. As professionals we help buyers and sellers get the best options for them. Stick with your aunt!

      Delete
  4. WE have seen the challenge of trying to sell property without help and choose not to do this alone again
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great to hear. So many people don't realize just how much is involved.

      Delete
  5. I have friends who are thinking of selling their houses, and I'm not sure if they already have a realtor. I'll be sure to ask them and see if they would like to talk to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have my own home but I know the headaches. Nice to know that there are realtors like you that will be a big help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nicole. Yes there are many Realtors that will work hard to help their clients achieve their home ownership goals. Keeping them informed is just one of the ways I help!

      Delete